Product Administration Guide > Product Attributes >
About Lists of Values (LOV)
When you define an attribute with a list of values (LOV) domain, you must either select an existing list of values or create a new one. A list of values has two parts:
- List of values name, called an LOV type. The LOV type identifies the list of values. The user does not see the LOV type.
- The attribute values in the list. The user selects one of the these attribute values or accepts the default value.
To create a list of values, you first create the LOV name. Then you define the attribute values in the list. The LOV name and attribute value records have the following fields:
- Type. (LOV name only) The LOV name. This is the name you entered when you created the LOV.
- Display Value. (attribute values only) The attribute value. This value displays to the user as one of the choices in the list of values.
- Order. The order in which the values are displayed in the drop-down menu the user sees. Assign 1 to the record you want to display first in the menu, 2 to the second record, and so on. Leave blank for LOV name definitions.
- Active. Removing the check mark from this field removes the record from the list of values. Use this option to temporarily change the number of items in a list of values.
The following fields are provided to manage multilingual translation:
- Multilingual. Put a check mark in this field to translate the attribute value to the language specified in Language Name.
- Language Independent Code. For LOV Name, enter the LOV name. For attribute values, enter the attribute value. This name is used to match translations to the item.
- Language Name. The language in which the LOV name or attribute value displays.
- Translate. Put a check mark in this field to translate the LOV name or attribute value.
- Replication level. Specify whether the translation is intended for use at all levels in the translation hierarchy or only at the regional level.