Product Administration Guide > Product Attributes >
Deleting an Attribute Definition
You can only delete an attribute definition from the class on which it is defined. When you delete an attribute defined on a class or subclass, the attribute is deleted from its members as follows:
- The attribute is deleted from all products in the class or subclass.
- The attribute is deleted from all subclasses where the attribute definition has not been edited.
- The attribute is not deleted from subclasses where the attribute definition has been edited.
Before deleting an attribute definition, verify that the attribute is not used in any configuration rules, or for attribute-based pricing.
To delete an attribute definition
- Navigate to Application Administration > Class Administration.
- Select the desired class.
- In the Dynamic Attributes list, click the menu button and choose Delete Record.
The attribute definition is removed from the Dynamic Attributes list.