Product Administration Guide > Basic Product Administration >
When a creating a quote, agreement, or order, the user can verify that the products listed are valid and that pricing is available. When the user clicks the Verify button, the following things are checked:
- The price list specified in the quote exists in the price list picklist.
- The price list effective date starts before the quote effective date or ends after the quote expire date. This check is not performed if quote start and end dates are not specified.
- All the products exist in the product picklist.
- The product effective date starts before the quote start date or ends after the quote expire date. This check is not performed if quote start and end dates are not specified.
- The product's attributes and attribute values are current.
- The list price for each product is correct. (The list price of each product is computed and compared to the quote price.)
- The discount amount on the quote does not exceed the quote's total price.
- The customizable product configuration is complete. An incomplete configuration means that the user has not made required selections.
If Verify finds an error, the user is prompted to correct the problem.
Verify does not check whether customizable products are configured correctly or whether a new version has been released since a customizable product was last configured.