Product Administration Guide > Multilingual Data >
Translating UI Property Values
Use this procedure to translate the value of a UI Property. The property type must be type String.
To translate a UI property value
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
If you omit this step, the most recently released version of the customizable product is loaded in the Rule Designer, and you cannot create rules.
- From the Customizable Product menu, choose User Interface Property Designer.
The User Interface Property Designer view appears.
- In Item Display Properties, select the UI property whose value you want to translate.
- From the Item Display Properties menu, choose Translate UI Property.
A dialog box appears that displays the UI property value translations you have already created.
- In the dialog box, click New.
The dialog box changes to display a language drop-down menu and a field for entering the UI property value translation.
- Select a country name abbreviation from the Lang drop-down menu.
- Enter the UI property value translation in the Value Spec field and click OK.
A new record appears in the dialog box showing the country abbreviation and UI property value translation.
- Repeat these steps to create additional language translations for this UI property value attribute's Display Name and Description.