Product Administration Guide > Multilingual Data >
Translating Configuration Rule Explanations
Use this procedure to translate configuration rule explanations for a customizable product.
To translate a configuration rule explanation
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
If you omit this step, the most recently released version of the customizable product is loaded in the Rule Designer, and you cannot create rules.
- Click the Configuration Designer tab.
The Rule Designer Rules List appears. It lists all the configuration rules that have been created for this customizable product.
- Select the configuration rule containing the explanation you want to translate.
- From the Rules List menu, choose Translate Rule Description.
A dialog box appears that displays the rule explanation translations you have already created.
- In the dialog box, click New.
The dialog box changes to display a language drop-down menu and a field for entering the rule translation.
- Select a country name abbreviation from the Lang drop-down menu.
- Enter the rule translation in the Description field and click OK.
A new record appears in the dialog box showing the country abbreviation and rule translation.
- Repeat these steps to create additional translations for this rule explanation.