Product Administration Guide > Customizable Product Resources >
Creating a Resource
When you create a resource, it is automatically added to a picklist. You can then add the resource to other customizable products by selecting it from the picklist.
You must select and lock a customizable product before creating a resource.
When you create a resource, it is added to a dialog box. You can copy this resource definition to other customizable products and edit the definition as needed. In turn, the edited definition is added to the dialog box. When you remove a resource from a customizable product, it is removed from the dialog box.
To create a resource
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
- In the Configuration Designer drop-down menu, select Resource Designer.
The Resource Designer appears. This list contains all the resources defined for the product.
- In the Resource Designer, click New.
A new record appears.
- To create a new resource, enter a name for the resource in the Name field.
This name is the one the user sees if you include the resource in selection pages.
- To use an existing definition, click the select button in the Name field and select the desired resource definition from the Pick Resource dialog box.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the resource. The description is not displayed to users.
- Save the record.