Product Administration Guide > Customizable Product Scripts >
Editing a Script
You can edit scripts by selecting the script in the Script Designer. If you edit declaration scripts, verify that the changes do not adversely effect event scripts.
To edit a script
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
If you omit this step, the most recently released version of the customizable product is loaded in the Script Designer, and you cannot create or edit scripts.
- Click the Configuration Designer tab.
- From the Configuration Designer menu, choose Script Designer.
The Script Designer, Scripts list appears. It displays the scripts that have been created for this customizable product.
- Highlight the script you want to edit and click Edit.
The script displays in Script Definition. The Script Definition form is located below the list of scripts.
- In Script Definition, edit the script.
- When you have finished editing the script, click Check Syntax.
If there are errors, they will display at the top of the Customizable Product Scripts form. Correct any errors before saving the script.
- In the Script Definition form, click Save.
- Click Save in the Scripts list to save the edited script.
- Open the Script Designer menu and click Validate.
This starts a configuration session. Verify that the edited script works correctly.