Product Administration Guide > Technical Reference >
Displaying RAL in the Rule Designer
You can revise the Rule Designer (Rules List) to add a field that displays the Rule Assembly Language (RAL) translation of your template rules. This is a useful way to learn how to use RAL to write configuration rules.
You must use Siebel Tools to add the field to the Rule Designer and then recompile the siebel.srf file. You should be familiar with creating and modifying applets in Siebel Tools before performing this procedure.
The process for revising the Rule Designer has three tasks:
- Locate the Rule Designer applet.
- Modify the Rule Designer applet.
- Recompile the application siebel.srf file.
Locate the Rule Designer Applet
This task selects a target browser and queries for the Cfg SWE Rule Manager Applet.
To locate the Rule Designer applet
- Save a copy of the siebel.srf file. It is located in the objects subdirectory of your installation directory.
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Select View, Toolbars, Configuration Context.
- In the Target Browser Group drop-down menu, select Target Browser Config.
- In Available browser groups, select ALL and click the right-arrow to transfer it to "Selected browser groups for layout editing."
- Click OK.
- Click Applet in the Object Explorer.
- In the Applets list, query for the Cfg SWE Rule Manager Applet.
Modify the Rule Designer Applet
This task adds the Rule Spec field to the Cfg SWE Rule Manager Applet.
To modify the Rule Designer applet
- With the SWE Rule Manager Applet highlighted, select Tools, Lock Project.
- Right click the highlighted applet record and select Edit Web Layout.
- In the window displaying the layout, right-click and select Preview from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Template icon and select the Applet List (Base/EditList) template. It is the default.
- In the Mode drop-down menu, select 3: Edit List.
- In the Controls/Columns window, click Rule Spec, and drag it to the [field] just to the right of End date in the applet display.
- Click Save. Click OK on the pop-up message that asks if you want to save your changes.
This task recompiles the application's siebel.srf file.
To recompile siebel.srf
- Click Tools, Compile.
- Select Locked Projects.
- Enter the path to the application siebel.srf file. It is located in the objects subdirectory of the installation. Do not enter the path to the siebel.srf file in the Tools installation directory.