Product Administration Guide > Customizable Product Web Templates >
Modifying the Display Name of Groups
This section explains how to modify group names that display in the product themes. For example, you can use UI property definitions to define what displays on each tab in a tabbed product theme.
To change the name of a group in a product theme, you insert a variable in the product theme Web template. This variable tells the Web Engine to get the item name from a defined UI property rather than using the group name you defined in the Product UI Designer.
Here is the process for changing the display name of a group:
- Create a new product theme template. You do this by saving a copy of the product theme template. Then you insert a variable name in the new template.
- Assign the new product theme template to the customizable product.
- Define a UI property for all the groups you set up in the Product UI Designer. For each group name, you give the variable the desired value. This value is what displays in the configuration Web pages.
You must define a UI property for all the group names, not just the ones you want to change. This is because the product theme template determines the display name of the all the groups. When you insert a UI property variable in the template, the Web Engine gets all the group names from UI property definitions.
Create a New Product Theme Template
You must create a new Web template to customize the display of group names. You do this by copying an existing product theme template. Then you insert a UI property variable into the copy. Finally, you assign the new Web template as the product theme for the customizable product.
To insert a UI property variable into a product theme Web template, you must locate the swe:control element that governs the display of the group name:
- Tab Theme. Locate the first swe:case tag. It is located near the top of the file.
- Single Page Theme. Locate the third <table> tag. It is within the for-each loop near the top of the file.
- Wizard Theme. Locate the first for-each loop. It is near the top of the file.
- Beneath the location specified above, locate the first swe:control element. It defines the group data record. One of the attributes of this element is
CfgFieldName = "CxGroupName".
- Replace CxGroupName with the name of the UI Property variable. The name must be preceded with a period (.). For example: ".NewGroupName".
To create a new product theme template
- Navigate to Product Administration.
- Select and lock the desired customizable product.
- In the Work Space record, click the select button in the Product Theme field and open the dialog box.
- In the Pick UI Style dialog box, write down the filename of the product theme.
The filename is shown in the Template field. The filename ends in .swt.
- Open the Web template and save it to a new filename.
The Web templates are located in <install-dir>\webtempl (NT path syntax), where <install-dir> is the path to the Siebel installation directory. The new filename must end in .swt.
- In the new template, locate the swe.control element containing the CfgFieldName= "CxGroupName" attribute.
- Replace "CxGroupName" with a UI property variable name and save the file.
The variable name must begin with a period (.). For example: ".NewGroupName". Verify that the variable name is enclosed in quotes.
Assign the New Product Theme Template
To assign the new product theme template to the customizable product, you first add the template to the Pick UI Style dialog box. Then you select it as the product theme.
To assign the new product theme template to the customizable product
- In the customizable product Work Space record, click the select button in the Product Theme field and open the dialog box.
The Pick UI Style dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, click New and fill out the form for adding a new template and click OK.
- Name: Enter a descriptive name. For example: Modified Tab Theme.
- Template: Enter the filename of the template you created.
- Description (Optional): Enter a brief description of the template.
- In the Pick UI Style dialog box, click the template you added and click OK.
This assigns the new product theme template to the customizable product.
Define a UI Property for all the Groups
The last step is to define a UI property for all the groups.
To define a UI Property for all the groups
- From the Customizable Product Show menu, choose User Interface Property Designer.
The User Interface Property Designer view appears.
- In the box displaying the contents of the customizable product, select the first group in the Group section.
- In Item Display Properties, click New.
A new record appears.
- Fill out and save the record.
- Name. Enter the name of the UI property variable you entered in the product theme template. Do not include the period (.) that begins the name.
- Value. Enter the group name you want to display. Include any HTML formatting needed.
- Save the new record.
- Perform these steps for all the groups.
- Open the Item Display Properties menu and click Validate.
This starts a configuration session. Verify that the group names display correctly.