Siebel Server Sync Guide > Configuring Siebel Server Sync >
Configuring the Generic Siebel Organizer
SSSE Calendar synchronization operations require you to configure a Generic Siebel Organizer Login. SSSE automatically assigns the value of the Generic Siebel Organizer Login setting as the owner of any Siebel Activity record for which either of the following statements is true:
- The Microsoft Outlook meeting that corresponds to the Siebel Activity is owned by a user who is not a valid Employee in the Siebel implementation.
- The Microsoft Outlook meeting that corresponds to the Siebel Activity is owned by a user who does not have SSSE synchronization enabled.
The following procedure describes how to specify a value for the Generic Siebel Organizer Login. This task is a step in Process of Configuring SSSE.
To configure the Generic Siebel Organizer Login setting
- Decide which login you want to use for the Generic Siebel Organizer setting.
The login must meet the following conditions:
- The login must correspond to a valid Siebel Employee record that includes an email address.
- The login must be mapped to a valid Exchange Account that has an Active Directory entry.
- For a production environment, use the login name of an SSSE administrator who does not have synchronization enabled. (Test environments do not need to meet this condition.)
- From the Siebel application menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - PIM Server Integration > Configuration > PIM Server Integration Configuration.
- In the PIM Server Integration Configuration list, use standard query techniques to locate and select the record in which the value of the Profile Name field is Siebel.
- In the Configuration Parameters list, locate and select the record in which the value of the Parameter field is Generic Siebel Organizer.
- In this record, set the Value field to SADMIN, or to the login name of any other Siebel user who you want to designate as the generic organizer.