Siebel Server Sync Guide > Configuring Siebel Server Sync >
Configuring the Default Account
Every Business Contact record that is stored in the Siebel database should be associated with an Account. This association provides the Account's Primary Address for the Business Contact. When a Siebel Business Contact is synchronized using SSSE, the Account and Account Location fields for the contact and the Account's Primary Address are synchronized with the Company Name field, the Office field, and the Address field in Microsoft Exchange, respectively.
If a user enters a value for the Address field for a Contact record in Microsoft Outlook, but does not enter a value for the Company field and the Office field, a problem occurs when SSSE attempts to synchronize the record, because the Siebel data model cannot associate the address with the Contact if there are no values for Account Name and Location. For this reason, it is recommended that users always include a Company name and Office value when entering a Contact address in Microsoft Outlook.
To work around this problem, you can specify Account name and Account Location values that already exist in the Siebel database as the default values for the Account Name and Account Location fields. This allows the Contact address from Outlook to be synchronized in the Siebel database. However, that address is associated with the default account, since no account was supplied in Outlook.
NOTE: The Account Location field appears in the Contacts List and the Accounts List as the Site field.
This task is a step in Process of Configuring SSSE.
To set defaults for the Account and the Account Location fields
- Log in to your Siebel application as an administrator and navigate to Site Map > PIM Server Integration > Siebel Domains.
- In the Siebel Domains list, select Siebel Business Contact.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, select the record where the value of the Name field is Account.
- In the Default Value field of the selected record, specify an existing Siebel Account.
If a user enters an Address for a Contact in Outlook without specifying an Account, SSSE assigns the default Account name to the Contact record when synchronizing it with the Siebel database, and associates the Address for the Contact with this default Account.
- In the Siebel Domain Fields list, select the record where the value of the Name field is Account Location.
- In the Default Value field of the selected record, specify an existing Account Location that corresponds with the default Account you specified in Step 4.