Siebel Server Sync Guide > Customizing Siebel Server Sync > Process of Customizing SSSE >
Changing SSSE Data Maps
Data maps must be modified whenever you add a field for SSSE to synchronize and whenever you modify a synchronized field. The following procedure briefly describes how to change a Data Map as part of customizing SSSE. This task is a step in Process of Customizing SSSE. For more information about Data Maps, see About SSSE Data Maps. For an example of how to perform this task for a new field to be synchronized, see Example of Changing Data Maps (New Field). For an example of how to perform this task for an existing field to be modified, see Example of Changing Data Maps (Existing Field).
CAUTION: You must change the Inbound Data Maps for the applicable domains before you proceed to Changing Siebel Domain Configurations. If this is not done, then Siebel administration screens for SSSE may not reflect the customization tasks you have already completed.
To change a Data Map for SSSE
- Use the SRF that contains your changes to Integration Objects.
- From the Siebel application menus, select Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Integration > Data Map Editor.
- In the Integration Map Object list, select the Data Map you need to change.
For information about the names of Data Maps for SSSE domains, see About SSSE Data Maps.
- In the Integration Component Map list, select the record for the component you need to change, and then scroll down.
To determine which component to select, inspect the Source Component Name column in the Integration Component Map list for the component that you modified in Siebel Tools. The same component needs to be modified in the data map.
- In the Integration Field Map list, create a new record, if necessary, and modify field values.