Siebel Server Sync Guide > Setting Up and Using Embedded Outlook Calendar > Process of Setting Up Embedded Outlook Calendar >
Enabling Embedded Outlook Calendar Visibility
To allow user visibility to the Embedded Outlook Calendar, the following conditions must be true:
- An administrator must map the Outlook user to a Siebel user login. To do this, see Setting SSSE Group and User Access Controls.
- The Siebel user must have a responsibility that includes the HI Activity Outlook Calendar View. You can accomplish this task in one of the following ways:
- Assign the HI Activity Outlook Calendar View to an existing responsibility that is already assigned to the desired users.
- Assign the Embedded Outlook Calendar responsibility to the desired users. See the following procedure.
- The copy of Outlook on the user's machine must be configured to use the user's profile by default, rather than prompting the user to select a profile.
- The machine from which the user accesses Embedded Outlook Calendar must be able to communicate with the user's Exchange Server. For more information consult your Microsoft Exchange documentation.
- The user must log into the machine using the Active Directory login that corresponds to the PIM User Identifier that is set up in the User Map of the Siebel application.
If the previous conditions are true, then users are able to access their Outlook calendars from the Calendar tab of the Siebel application; however this does not make sure that their Outlook calendars are synchronized with their Siebel calendars. To set calendar and user synchronization, see Setting Siebel Domain-Level Synchronization, and Enabling or Disabling User Synchronization.
NOTE: If you want the user to have access to only the Embedded Outlook Calendar, then you must remove the HI Activity Calendar View, eCalendar Daily View, eCalendar Weekly View, and eCalendar Monthly View from the user's responsibilities.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Embedded Outlook Calendar.
To assign Embedded Outlook Calendar responsibility to a user
- From the Siebel application menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Application > Responsibilities.
- In the Responsibilities list, select the Embedded Outlook Calendar record.
- In the Users list, click New, and then select a user.