Siebel SmartScript Administration Guide > Fundamentals of SmartScript Creation > Best Practices For SmartScript Construction >
It is good practice to translate answers when the answer type for a question is a string, so that answers can be displayed in different languages. This step is not required for scripts only deployed in one language and optional for scripts deployed in multiple languages. If you do create answer translations, then when the script runs in a particular language, it will look for and use the answer translation as the answer label.
See Working with Questions, Answers, and Translations for detailed information on creating answer translations.
To create a translation for an answer
- Navigate to Site Map > SmartScript Administration > Questions.
- In the Question list, select the answer you want to translate.
- Click on the Translations view tab, and click New.
- Click in the language column, and click the select button.
- In the Pick New Language pop-up window, select a new language, and click OK.
- Enter the text to use for this answer translation, and select Save Record from the view menu.