Siebel SmartScript Administration Guide > Fundamentals of SmartScript Creation > About the Script Designer and Page Designer >
Adding Questions and Branches to Pages
Questions and branches can be added to pages to design the flow for the page. Each question or branch element can be added using the drag-and-drop UI of the Page Designer.
To add questions and branches to a page
- Choose Site Map > SmartScript Administration > Pages.
- In the Pages list, select a page to which you want to add questions.
- Click the Designer view tab.
NOTE: If you arrived at this view from the Script Designer, the page you double-clicked on is already selected in the Pages list applet.
- Drag and drop the question icon from the Page Designer palette to the workspace.
The Pick Question dialog box appears.
- Select a question type from the list and click OK. Add the next question in the page designer using the same technique.
- To connect these two questions with a branch, drag the branch icon from the Page Designer palette to the workspace and align the arrowless end of the branch with a connection point on the question from which you want to branch.
If you select a question with multiple answers, SmartScript gives the option of selecting an answer for which the branch will be used, or a default branch. A default branch covers the case when a user's answer is not covered by another branch. If you choose not to create a default branch, SmartScript requires you to choose an answer to branch from.
- Drag the arrow end of the branch to align it with a connection point on the question to which you want to branch.
- Repeat the above steps to continue adding required branches and questions to the page.
To view the branches within a page
- Navigate to Site Map > SmartScript Administration > Pages.
- Click the Branches view tab, and select All Branches from the drop-down list.
The Branches list appears, displaying all branches within the page.