Siebel SmartScript Administration Guide > Importing and Exporting SmartScripts >
You can export scripts using a menu option available in the Scripts list on the SmartScript Administration screen. When you export a script, all the elements required for a script are copied to the destination file. When this file is imported into another Siebel database, the script should have all the elements required to execute successfully. Any conflicts with existing elements in the new database are resolved during the import process.
To export a script
- Navigate to Site Map > SmartScript Administration
- Select the script you want to export in the Scripts list, then click the Scripts menu and select Export Script.
- In the Export dialog box, select the appropriate options regarding the data you are exporting.
A File Download dialog box appears.
- Click the hyperlink, and then select the location where you want the file saved.
- In the Save As dialog box, enter the name of the file in which the script will be stored.
You may use any file name, and it will have no impact on the SmartScript definition that will be imported from this file. It may be necessary to select open from the first window, and then save from the second window. You should always make sure that the file is saved with the extension .sss.
- Click the Scripts menu and choose Save Record.
The selected script will be saved to the specified file and location.