Siebel SmartScript Administration Guide > Working with Questions, Answers, and Translations > Creating Answers >
When the Answer Type for a question is String and the Pick Only field is checkmarked, you may need to translate answers so that they can be displayed in the same language as the corresponding question translation.
NOTE: Answer translations are not required if you are deploying the SmartScript in one language. If no translations are used within a script, the language-independent answer value will be used for all translations. However, if you do translate answers within your script, you must translate every question with answers into the full set of languages into which the script is translated.
To create a translation for an answer
- Navigate to Site Map > SmartScript Administration > Questions.
- Click the Answers view tab, then in the Answers list, select the answer you want to translate.
- Click the Translations view tab, then click New.
- In the Language field, click the select button.
- In the Pick Language Name dialog box, select the language for the answer translation text and click OK.
- Click in the Answer field, type the text of the answer, and then click Save.
This is the text that will actually display to the user when they run the SmartScript in that language.
Repeat this procedure for each additional language in which the answer must be displayed. Each answer translation is linked to the answer, which is in turn linked to a corresponding question.