Siebel System Administration Guide > Administering Siebel Server Run-Time Operations > Administering Siebel Server Components >
Recovering an Unavailable Server Component
This topic describes recovering a server component that has an Unavailable state.
For information on other server component administrative tasks, see Administering Siebel Server Components.
To recover a server component from an Unavailable component state
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigation > Site Map > Administration - Server Management.
- From the link bar, click Components.
- In the Components list, select the Unavailable server component of interest.
NOTE: Make sure you select the server component on the Siebel Server of interest.
- Click the Shutdown button.
- After the server component shuts down, its state changes to Shutdown. After the server component shuts down, click the Startup button.
When the server component starts, its state changes to Starting Up. After the server component has started, the state changes to Running.