Siebel System Administration Guide > Configuring the Browser for Siebel Web Clients > Manual Security Settings for High Interactivity >
Manual Settings for ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins
To enable full functionality related to ActiveX controls and plug-ins for Siebel applications in high-interactivity mode, specify the following settings.
For more information, see High-Interactivity Deployment—ActiveX Requirements.
To specify ActiveX settings
- In Internet Explorer, choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Web content zone you want to customize (for example, Local intranet or Trusted sites).
- Click Custom Level.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Download signed ActiveX controls, select Enable or Prompt.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Script ActiveX Controls marked safe for scripting, select Enable.
- In Security Settings, under ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe, select Enable or Prompt.
NOTE: The above setting applies only if you are using the Siebel application Print command with Microsoft Excel.
- Click OK, then click OK again.