Setting the State Model user property to Y adds the business component to the State Model business component Multi-Value Group applet.
To add business components to the State Model business component multi-value group applet
- In Siebel Tools, go to the business component (for example, Account) that you want to add to the state model and navigate to the Business Component User Prop object.
- Add a record called "State Model" with a value of "Y" (do not include the quotation marks).
- Recompile the .srf file.
- Re-enter the Siebel application and navigate to Site Map > Workflow Administration > State Models > State Models.
- Add a record to the State Model List Applet. All of the business components you added in Siebel Tools should appear in the business component Name Multi-Value Group.
- When you select the appropriate one and navigate to Field Name, the MVG applet that pops up includes all of the fields for the previously selected business component.
The State Name values populate the State Model depending on the values listed in the List of Values (Site Map > Application Administration > List of Values).
NOTE: Administration of the List of Values is separate from the State Model. However, only values that appear in the LOV can be used in the State Name field. For Account, all the LOV names are ACCOUNT_STATUS with different display values associated with each.
Once you have added business components to the MVG Applet, you can create the State Model rules that Siebel Workflow enforces.
For more information about the State Model, see the Applications Administration Guide.