Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Overview of Siebel Universal Queuing > Siebel Universal Queuing Data Flow >
Email Data Flow
The following scenario describes the data flow for an email work item.
- A customer sends an email to a service center.
- The Communications Inbound Manager is monitoring a specific email account on the email server.
- Once the email message is received in the monitored email account, the email driver picks up the email.
- Communications Inbound Manager executes an email workflow to process the email. One of the steps in the workflow is to package the data as a work item.
- Communications Inbound Manager then invokes the Siebel Universal Queuing business service in one of the workflow steps to send the email request to the Siebel Universal Queuing routing engine.
- The routing engine receives this email request and tries to find a matching routing rule based upon the data in the email work item.
- Once a routing rule is found, the routing engine looks at the first escalation step to determine the required skill for an agent.
- Once an agent is found, the routing engine sends the email data, together with the agent ID, as a request to the EAI Object Manager.
- The EAI Object Manager receives the request and then invokes the Siebel Universal Queuing business service to process the request.
- The Siebel Universal Queuing business service sends this request back to the Communications Session Manager.
- Communications Session Manager processes the email by blinking the Accept Work Item button so that the agent can answer the email request.
- When the email request is answered, the email message will be retrieved from Siebel database and displayed to the agent.