Using Siebel Tools > Checking Out and Checking In Projects and Objects > Checking Out and Checking In Objects >
Checking Out Objects from the Server Repository
When the Allow Object Locking property is set to TRUE, you can check out individual objects within the project. When you check out individual objects, the objects are:
- Locked on the server, preventing other developers from checking them out.
- Copied from the server database to your local database.
- Locked on your local database, allowing you to edit them.
NOTE: You can check out top-level objects only.
To check out objects from the server repository
- Open Siebel Tools and connect to your local database.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to the object type you want to check out.
- In the Object List Editor, select the object definition, and then right-click and choose Check Out.
The Check Out Object dialog box appears.
NOTE: If another developer has the objects checked out or if the parent project has the Allow Object Locking property set to FALSE, the Check Out button is disabled.
- In the Check Out Object dialog box, select the objects to check out.
- Click Check Out.
The object and all its child objects are locked on the server and then copied to your local repository.