Using Siebel Tools > Getting Projects From the Server Repository >
Getting Projects from the Server Repository
You can use the get process to overwrite projects stored in your local repository with versions of the projects from the server repository. You may need to do this after you have changed local copies of projects and you want to revert back to the versions stored on the server, or after other developers check in changes and you need to copy those changes to your local repository.
To overwrite projects stored in your local database
- Open Siebel Tools and connect to your local database.
- Choose Tools > Check Out.
- Choose the name of your development repository from the Repository pick list.
NOTE: The repository that you select is not necessarily the one opened by Siebel Tools.
- In the Projects list, select the projects you want to get.
- Click Options.
- In the Development Tools Options window, make sure your Server Data Source is pointing to your server development database and your Client Data Source is pointing to the local database you previously initialized and are currently running against.
- In the Check Out dialog box, click Get.
All objects associated with the projects are copied from the server repository to your local repository.