Using Siebel Tools > Working with Objects >
Validating Objects Using the Object List Editor
Siebel Tools includes an option that reviews objects and validates them using a set of predefined rules, such as checking for invalid object references.
To validate an object
- In the Object List Editor, select the object or objects you want to validate.
- Right-click and then choose Validate, or choose Tools > Validate Object.
The Validate dialog box appears.
- Click Options.
The Validation Options dialog box appears.
- Select the validation rules to enforce by selecting a row and clicking Enforce or Ignore.
- In the Time Filter area, limit the objects you want to validate by doing one of the following:
- Select the Last validated check box. This option validates objects that have been changed since the last time validation was run.
- Select the Custom check box and enter a date and time. This option validates objects that have been changed since the date and time entered.
- In the Action area, use the following check boxes to define the actions to take during the validation process:
- Do not report warnings. When this is selected, only errors are reported, not warnings. The Enforce field for warnings is set to No.
- Abort validation after. Use this option to abort the validation process after a specified number of errors.
- Click OK.
The Validation Options dialog closes.
- In the Validate dialog box, click Start.
The Errors list displays violations of the currently enforced rules, as shown in Figure 17.