Siebel Wireless Administration Guide > Configuring Siebel Wireless >
Configuring Siebel Wireless with Server Configuration Files
The following server configuration files are created for the various Siebel Wireless applications during the installation of Siebel Business Applications. These files are located in the
\siebsrvr\BIN\lang directory for the language installed (such as ENU for English):
- wpsales.cfg for Sales Wireless
- wpserv.cfg for Service Wireless
- wpechan.cfg for PRM Wireless
- wpeserv.cfg for Self-Service Wireless
Use these server configuration files to define installation-related preferences for Siebel Wireless applications, such as enabling the Siebel Wireless Auto Login feature, integrating Siebel Wireless applications with directory servers, enabling Wireless support for the XML Web Interface and HTML wireless browsers.
Additionally, you can use these configuration files to perform such optional configurations as altering the number of records returned by lists in Siebel Wireless, and turning off case sensitivity for Siebel Wireless applications.
NOTE: Make the configuration changes discussed in this section to each of the individual server configuration files for the Siebel Wireless application for which the new configuration is desired. You must stop and restart the Siebel server after these configuration changes are made to force the new configuration into effect.
Altering the Number of Records Returned by Lists
By default, Siebel Wireless applications return three records with each list. For example, the list of employees accessible from the Siebel Sales Wireless application displays the first three employees the first time it is accessed, and it displays the next three employees each time the More link is selected.
You can alter the number of records returned by lists by setting an entry in the SWE section of the relevant Wireless Server configuration file as follows:
NumberOfListRows = <Number Desired>
NOTE: Some wireless browsers impose limitations on the amount of data retrieved with any one request. Increasing the number of rows returned may cause the requests coming from the Siebel Server to exceed the data request size limitations imposed by these wireless browsers. Therefore, once this parameter is changed, test the ability of the wireless browsers to handle the additional data returned from the Siebel Server when accessing Siebel Wireless applications. Make sure that your changes do not produce a Digest Too Large or similar error.
Turning Off Case Sensitivity
By default, Siebel Wireless applications are set as case-sensitive for searches. You can make Siebel Wireless applications case-insensitive when performing searches by making the following changes.
To turn off case sensitivity
- Edit the ServerDataSrc section of the appropriate Siebel Wireless server configuration files as follows:
CaseInsensitive = TRUE
- Log into a Web Client application with administration capabilities as the systems administrator.
- Navigate to the Administration - Server Configuration screen > Enterprises view, click the Component Groups view tab, and query for Siebel Wireless.
- Click the Profile Configuration tab, and in the Alias column, query for ServerDataSrc.
- Scroll down to the Profile Parameters list, and enter TRUE in the Value column.
Use capital letters, no lowercase and no quotes.
- Step off of the record to save it.
- Restart the Siebel server and the Web server.