|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide > Installing Siebel Analytics Software in the Windows Environment > Installing Siebel Analytics >
Installing the Siebel Analytics Software Under Windows
The Siebel Analytics software uses a standard Windows setup program for installation.
NOTE: Siebel Analytics installation now includes installation of the Siebel Data Warehouse (formerly a separate installation). If you are installing Stand-Alone Siebel Analytics, skip steps 13 a-f, which refer to the data warehouse installer screens. For more information on data warehouse installation options, refer to Siebel Data Warehouse Installation and Administration Guide.
To run the Siebel Analytics software installer under Windows
- Either insert the installation media into the CD-ROM drive, or access the network location that contains the installation files, and run the program setup.exe.
(On Windows 2000, an Installshield message screen may appear, stating that an older version of the Windows Installer is being used. Ignore this message. Close the message window and proceed with the installation.)
The installation wizard prompts you through each screen. Click Next to continue to the next screen.
NOTE: Determine the values for the installation options before beginning the installation.
- Prerequisite Check screen: Check one or more choices as appropriate.
- Database client type:
- For Siebel Analytics operational applications installation only.
If you are using MS SQL Server for your OLTP or OLAP, the installer proceeds to the DSN Configuration screen. Set up the Data Source Names (DSNs) using the Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager. (The actual configuration is done after all the files have been copied. Choose the database connectivity client from the choices given.)
- For other databases, you are not prompted for DSN configuration. However, you should set up the DSNs appropriately later. For example, for IBM DB2, use the DB2 Client Configuration Assistant to set up the database connectivity and DSNs.
If you are installing a data warehouse, specify which one:
- Horizontal (Siebel eBusiness Applications)
- Vertical (Siebel Industry Applications)
- Siebel ePharma Data Warehouse 6.3 to 7.5 ETL Bridge
NOTE: For information about the Siebel ePharma 6.3 to 7.5 Analytics Bridge, see Appendix A of Siebel Data Warehouse Installation and Administration Guide.
NOTE: If you are using a Siebel eBusiness application version 6.3, and have also licensed version 7.5 of Siebel Analytics, you will need to use the Siebel eBusiness 6.3 to 7.5 Analytics Bridge. Installation of the Analytics Bridge allows you to use the newer functionality of Siebel Analytics 7.5 with a Siebel eBusiness 6.3 application. Although the Siebel eBusiness 6.3 to 7.5 Analytics Bridge option is not listed in the Prerequisite Check screen, you may still install this Bridge. See Appendix B of Siebel Data Warehouse Installation and Administration Guide for more information.
At the Destination Folder screen, select the destination location for the Siebel Analytics installation. To change the default location, such as D:\SiebelAnalytics, click Change. Make sure the location has the appropriate permissions set. (Refer to Required Security Settings in Windows for Siebel Analytics Web.) Click Next to continue. Setup Type screen: Select the type of setup you want to perform.
NOTE: The Client utility allows you to issue SQL to Siebel Analytics Server.
It is a troubleshooting tool normally used only by database administrators and Siebel personnel.
Cache Configuration screen (Siebel Analytics Applications installation only).
When you install Analytics Applications, the caching option is turned on by default in the NQSConfig.ini file to provide better performance. For more information on caching and NQSConfig.ini parameters, refer to Siebel Analytics Server Administration Guide. Choose the cache file size depending on your data in the Siebel Data Warehouse and Siebel transactional database, as well as the load on the system.
Language Selection screen: select the locale for the server from the drop-down list. This sets the language in which error and informational messages are displayed. The default is English (US). This option is not active for Web-only installs.
If the Language Selection screen displays the option "Check here if the dashboard is to be viewed in Japanese," ignore the option.
NOTE: This setting is not related to the LOCALE parameter in the General section of the NQSConfig.ini file, which specifies the locale in which data, rather than error and informational messages, is returned from the server. If you want to select a locale for data other than the default, english-usa, you need to explicitly set the value of this parameter in the configuration file. For more information, see NQSConfig.ini File Reference.
COM Service Type screen (stand-alone and applications installation): Select how the Analytics Server and Analytics Scheduler services start. The choices are Automatic (when the machine boots up) or Manual.
NOTE: If you select the Automatic startup option, the Scheduler will not start automatically unless the Scheduler's back-end database is both configured and available. Also, if you set it to start the service automatically, the machine boot-up time increases noticeably. Depending on your organization's needs, the Manual startup option may be the preferred choice.
Logon Service screen: If you selected the Server or Complete option, or are installing the Siebel Analytics Cluster Server feature (from the Siebel Analytics Cluster selection on the Custom Setup screen), specify the account name and password of an existing account that the Siebel Analytics software will run under.
- If the Siebel Analytics Server will not participate in a cluster, this should be the LocalSystem account. This is the default.
- If this machine is hosting either a Cluster Controller or a Siebel Analytics Server that will participate in a Cluster, specify a Domain account under which all clustered Siebel Analytics Servers and Cluster Controllers will run. This account must be a member of the local Windows Administrators group on each machine in the cluster, and must have the Logon as a service right explicitly assigned to it. Specify it in the format domain\account, such as siebel\user1. Do not use the LocalSystem account.
For more information, including the procedure to assign the Logon as a service right, see Installing the Clustering Feature.
Temporary Folders screen: Select locations for Siebel Analytics temporary data and file storage, and click Next to continue.
- The default location for temporary data storage is C:\SiebelAnalyticsData.
- The default location for temporary file storage is C:\SiebelAnalyticsData\Temp.
- Make sure the location has the appropriate permissions set (see Required Security Settings in Windows for Siebel Analytics Web).
- Click the appropriate Change button to select a different location, such as D:\SiebelAnalytics.
If you select a different location for the temporary data storage folder, the default location for temporary files is automatically changed to reflect the new path.
NOTE: The temporary data storage location is used by Siebel Analytics Web for Web Catalogs, Chart cache, and other data. The temporary files storage location is used by Siebel Analytics Server and Siebel Analytics Scheduler. It is recommended that you specify a directory with at least 510 MB free space for temporary file storage that will be used only by Siebel Analytics Server and Siebel Analytics Scheduler (Siebel Analytics Server requires approximately 500 MB free space, while Siebel Analytics Scheduler requires 5-10 MB free space.) If your data volume is high or you have large numbers of users on the system, more temporary space is required.
Mail Server screen: If you are installing the Siebel Analytics Scheduler component, the iBots feature will also be installed. Enter the name of a mail server to which iBots can connect, such as mail.myCompany.com. (You can also enter the IP address of the mail server, rather than the name, if you prefer.) The SMTP port number defaults to 25. If the selected mail server uses a different SMTP port number, make the appropriate change. Scheduler Server screen: If you are installing the Siebel Delivers component, enter the name of the server on which the Siebel Analytics Scheduler is running. Siebel Analytics Scheduler is part of the Siebel Analytics Server installation. Leave this name blank if the Scheduler is running on the same machine as the Web server. The Wizard is set to begin installing Siebel Analytics. To review or change any of your installation settings, click Back. To continue with installation, click Install.
The status meter reflects installation progress. The installation process may take several minutes.
NOTE: Siebel Analytics Intelligence Dashboards, Siebel Answers, and Siebel Delivers require Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5.0 or newer. Siebel Analytics Scheduler requires Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 5.5 or newer.
Installing the Charting Image Server
When the installation Step 12 is done, the charting image server installation screen appears. In the Information screen, click OK. In the Introduction screen, click Next to continue or Exit to end the installation.
NOTE: If you choose to abort this part of the installation now, or to reinstall the image server, refer to Charting Image Server Installation and Configuration for Windows to guide you.
NOTE: If the installation process detects that you are attempting to install Siebel Analytics Web or Siebel Analytics Scheduler on a system running an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will be directed to upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
To install the image server under Windows (using the Installer Wizard)
- The installer prompts you to select the following:
- The License Agreement. Choose Yes and click Next.
- Release Notes. Click Next.
- Choose Installation Folder. Accept the default path or change it. Click Next.
- Choose Shortcut Location. Accept the default path or change it. Click Next.
- Choose Java Virtual Machine. If more than one appears in the window, choose one or search for another. Click Next.
NOTE: JavaSoft JDK/JRE version 1.3.1 or greater is required; JDK version 1.3.1 is recommended. Refer to PCIS documentation for details.
- Choose Product Installation Set. Select the Production Server option. Click Install.
The Installer Wizard configures the charting image server.
- The Installation Complete screen appears. Click Done.
Installing the Siebel Data Warehouse
When the charting image server installation is done, the Siebel Analytics Siebel Data Warehouse installation screen appears.
- Install the Siebel Data Warehouse.
This procedure is detailed in Siebel Data Warehouse Installation and Administration Guide.
Checking the Log File
When the Installation Wizard is finished, check the log file and change the system variables as necessary.
To check the log file
- Open $INSTALL_DIR\dwdb\dwdb.log. This file shows the number of tables installed in the Siebel Data Warehouse.
- Click Finish to close the window.
Choosing Your Siebel Analytics Repository
The default Siebel Analytics applications repository is SiebelAnalytics.rpd.
The default Stand-Alone Analytics repository (for Windows) is demo1.rpd.
|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide, Version 7.5, Rev. C
Published: 18 April 2003