|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Server Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Installing the Siebel Server > Installation Tasks for the Siebel Server >
Installing the Siebel Server
Follow the instructions below to install the Siebel Server software on a server running under any supported MS Windows operating system.
NOTE: The following procedure is for installing the base product. For patch installation instructions, refer to Maintenance Release Guide provided with the patch.
To install the Siebel Server
- Log in using the Siebel Service Owner Account. This account must belong to the Windows domain of the Siebel Enterprise Server.
NOTE: If you do not log in using the Siebel Service Owner Account, make sure that the account you use belongs to the Windows domain of the Siebel Enterprise Server and has full write permissions to the Siebel File System.
- Insert the Windows Server Programs Siebel Enterprise Server Base CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive of the chosen server (assumed here to be D:).
- In Windows Explorer, double-click
siawinsesbase, as appropriate to the Siebel applications that you are installing.
NOTE: If you are installing Siebel Industry Applications, double-click
- Navigate to:
The Welcome to InstallShield Wizard for Siebel Enterprise Server screen appears.
- Click Next.
- Depending on whether you are installing your Siebel Server for the first time or adding a new language to an existing instance, take the appropriate action:
- To install the server software in a new instance, select None as the default and click Next. Proceed to Step 7.
- To install a new language in an existing instance, select the displayed instance and click Next. Proceed to Step 11.
See also Installing Multiple Siebel Language Packs on the Siebel Server for important additional information on this topic.
Select the displayed default directory for file installation or use the Browse button to select a different drive or directory, and then click Next.
The installer prompts you to select the server that you want to install.
Select from the following options and click Next:
- Install all the components at once for which your organization has a license by selecting all the check boxes.
- Select just the Siebel Server at this time for installation and configuration. (You will install and configure the other server components individually later.)
NOTE: If you install all licensed components at once, the SES Installer and the Siebel Software Configuration Wizard will prompt you for the installation parameters of each component individually and in the sequence required.
CAUTION: Some products that can be installed through the All function have pre-installation requirements, which if not met, will make their installation pointless. Before selecting the All function, review the installation instructions for each component you plan to install. For instructions on installing Siebel Analytics, see Siebel Analytics Installation and Administration Guide.
The installer prompts you to select the type of installation setup you prefer.
Choose the type of Siebel Server installation to execute from the following options and click Next.
For a list of the installable components for each type, see Table 10.
- Typical. This setup option will install all Siebel Server components.
- Compact. This setup option will install only those components necessary to run the Siebel Server, but no additional components or help.
- Custom. This setup option lets you customize your installation by choosing the specific components you want to install.
NOTE: The listed Custom Installation options are all selectable. Some options listed under Typical that are required will also be installed as part of the Custom installation.
Table 10. Installable Components Installation Setup Products Typical
- Handheld Synchronization
- Object Manager component—Object Managers for eBusiness Applications
- Siebel Data Quality Connector—Used to configure Siebel Data Quality with FirstLogic software
- Siebel Enterprise Server (installed)
- Remote Search Support—Files supporting Siebel Remote Search functionality
- Siebel Java Integrator
Compact Custom Select the components that you want to install and click Next. Confirm the language packs you are installing for the Siebel Server and click Next.
NOTE: If you already installed a server and a primary language into this installation instance, that language will not be part of the menu. This is because that language has already been installed and is considered as your primary(base) language.
Servers are installed, at a minimum, with the primary language in which the server will be run. Optionally, you can install one or more additional languages.
NOTE: In a Unicode-enabled database environment, you can install any of the available Siebel language packs. In a non-Unicode database environment, you must consider the correlation of the language packs you want to install and the characters supported by your database code page. For example, in a Western European code page database, you can only install Western European language packs such as English, French, Spanish, or German language packs. And in a Japanese code page database, you can only install Japanese or English language packs.
For a list of supported code pages and encoding strategies, see System Requirements and Supported Platforms.
The installer program performs a validation check to make sure that installation prerequisites were met and if yes prompts you about the eBriefings and eContent Services; otherwise, it will error out.
Indicate the eBriefings and eContent licensing your organization has purchased by clicking the appropriate radio button option, and then click Next.
- eBriefings. Proceed to Step 14.
- eBriefings and eContent Services. Proceed to Step 13.
- Neither. Proceed to Step 14.
NOTE: The installer performs a validation check.
Read the license agreement.
- To accept and continue with installation, click Yes. Proceed to Step 14.
- To decline, click No. The installer will prompt you that this response will cause it to quit.
CAUTION: You cannot select eBriefings and eContent Services without accepting the license agreement. If you reject the agreement, the Configuration Wizard will exit.
- To return to an earlier screen to change your selection, click Back.
The installer displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Server and any other servers you have elected to install. It also displays the file size.
Review the information and take the appropriate action:
- If these parameters are acceptable, click Next.
- Otherwise, click Back to adjust your installation parameters or location.
The installer proceeds to install the specified files.
After all Siebel Server files you specified have been installed, a dialog box appears, stating:
Setup did not find the
Siebel Language Codelanguage pack on the current media. Please insert the CD containing the
Siebel Language Codelanguage pack and select setup.exe file from the
Siebel Language Codefolder..
A dialog box titled Insert CD for
languageLanguage Pack appears (where
languagestands for the language pack you are installing), and displays a file called
siebel.ini. However, you do not need to do anything with this file.
Remove the current CD from the drive and insert the appropriate language pack CD. Locate
languagestands for the language pack you are installing and double-click on it.
NOTE: If you are installing Siebel Industry Solutions, locate
A message appears stating that language files are being installed.
When all language files have been installed, a new message box appears, stating:
Please reinsert the base CD and browse to setup.exe to enable setup to continue.
Click OK. Remove the current CD from the drive and insert the Windows Server Programs Siebel Enterprise Server Base CD into the CD-ROM drive again. Double-click on
The first screen in the Siebel Software Configuration Wizard for Siebel Enterprise Server Configuration appears.
- If this is the primary installation of your Siebel Server, proceed to Configuring the Siebel Server.
- If you choose to close out of the Siebel Software Configuration Wizard and want to configure later, the installer displays the message:
The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed the Siebel Enterprise Server. Click Finish to exit the Wizard.
Click Finish to exit the installation process.
If you would like to view events that occurred during the installation, you can access the log generated by the installer at
log.txtor the log generated by the Siebel application at
|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Server Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows
Published: 25 June 2003