|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Wireless Administration Guide > Using Siebel Wireless >
Personalizing Your Wireless Device
Using the Mobile screen available with many Siebel eBusiness applications, you can personalize your interaction with Siebel Wireless applications and manage your wireless devices and wireless messaging addresses.
You can customize your Siebel Wireless main menu by choosing the main menu links available when you access Siebel Wireless using an Openwave wireless browser, the order in which those links appear, and the order in which data is sorted once you access the data.
The Mobile screen is accessible from the Siebel Call Center, Siebel Service, Siebel Sales, and Siebel PRM Partner Portal applications.
You can access the Mobile screen on a desktop or laptop when it is connected to a Siebel eBusiness application through a network or dial-up connection.
NOTE: The Mobile screen can be used only with the zero-footprint client. However, the Mobile screen also appears in the site map of the disconnected mobile Web client. If you try to access the Mobile screen on a disconnected mobile Web client, you will see the following message: "This feature is not supported in the stand-alone Web client."
To personalize your wireless device
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Mobile.
- Select the mobile device you want to work with in the Mobile Devices list, or, if necessary, create a new mobile device record.
- Use the Mobile Devices, Main Menu Layout, and Record Order tabs to establish the configuration of the selected device.
Details for working with each of the Mobile screen tabs for Siebel Wireless applications are provided in the following sections. The Message Delivery and Mobile Alerts tabs are used for Wireless Messaging. For information about Siebel Wireless Messaging, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
The Mobile Devices list allows you to register your mobile devices, set the login preference, and establish the device priority. The Mobile Devices list contains the following fields:
- Device Name. Enter any name you would like for the device here. For example, John's Nokia cell phone. Device names must be unique.
- Login Preference. Allows you to select a login preference when you access Siebel Wireless using a wireless device with an Openwave browser.
You are required to fully authenticate with the Siebel Server the first time you access Siebel Wireless with a particular device, at which time an entry will be created for this device in the Mobile Devices list. After the initial login, the value you select for Login Preference takes effect for this device in subsequent logins.
- Automatic Login. Opens the Wireless Main Menu directly, without having to enter the user name and password.
- Password Only. Automatically enters your Siebel user name, requiring you to enter only your Siebel password to log into Siebel Wireless.
- Username and Password. Requires you to enter both your Siebel user name and password to log into Siebel Wireless.
- Device Priority. You must select a priority for each wireless device that you register.
To guarantee message delivery, you must be sure that only one registered device is assigned the highest device priority. If any device is assigned priority of 6 - Unranked, you cannot register another device from the Mobile Screen.
The Message Delivery list allows you to enter wireless address information for each of your mobile devices. This information is used for enabling login preference and personalizing your mobile device. You can automatically register mobile devices from the Siebel Web client through this screen. For more information, see The Auto Registration Process with Siebel Wireless.
This information is also used by Siebel Wireless Messaging. For information about Siebel Wireless Messaging, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
The Mobile Alerts list lets you select which types of Workflow-driven wireless message alerts you would like to receive on your device. This information is used by Siebel Wireless Messaging. For information about Siebel Wireless Messaging, see Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
Main Menu Layout
The Main Menu Layout form lets you personalize the main menu that is displayed when you access a Siebel Wireless application using an Openwave browser. You choose the links you want to appear on the main menu and in what order they should appear. To personalize your main menu, use the following fields:
- Application. To begin setting your main menu preferences, select the Siebel Wireless Application you use. For example, if you are using Siebel Wireless as a field service representative, select Siebel Service Wireless.
- Selected Main Menu Links. This field displays the current configuration of the main menu for the application that you selected. To remove a link, highlight the item and click the left arrow to move the item from the Selected Main Menu Links field to the Available Main Menu Links field.
You can change the order (from top to bottom) of the main menu links. To move a selected main menu link one step up or down, highlight the item and click the up or down arrow. To move the main menu link directly to the top or bottom, highlight the item and click the underscored up or down arrows.
- Available Main Menu Links. This field contains the main menu items that were removed from the Selected Main Menu Links field. To move a main menu link from the Available Main Menu Links field to the Selected Main Menu Links field, highlight the link and click the right arrow to move the link.
- Save or Reset. When you have finished personalizing your Siebel Wireless main menu, click Save to keep the changes or click Reset to return to the default settings.
The Record Order form lets you establish the sort order of data displayed for each of the main menu links. To change the sort order, use the following fields:
- Applications. Select the Siebel Wireless application for which you want to define sorting. For example, if you are using Siebel Wireless as a field service engineer, select Siebel Service Wireless.
NOTE: The application names in the Applications drop-down list can be configured by your system administrator. If your company has changed the names of the applications in the drop-down list, select the name of the Siebel Wireless application you use.
- Main Menu Links. Select one of the main menu links from the drop-down list. The selection you make in this box determines what is displayed in the Fields box. For example, if you select the Activity link, the activity fields become available in the Fields box.
- Fields. Select the field you want to use for sorting records. For example, to sort activities by Activity Status, select the Activity Status field.
- Sort Order. Select Ascending or Descending for the selected field to determine the sort order of the records.
- Save or Reset. When you have finished personalizing the sort orders, click Save to keep the changes or click Reset to return to the default settings.
|Bookshelf Home | Contents | Index | Search | PDF|
Siebel Wireless Administration Guide
Published: 09 September 2004