Application Guide for Oracle Self-Service E-Billing (Business Edition) > Analytic Reports >
Account Billing Trend
This use case tracks monthly summary charge information over a user-defined reporting period for a selected billing account in a billing or group hierarchy. The Account Billing trend report analyzes trends and identifies anomalies. Table 42 lists and describes the use case functions.
Table 42. Account Billing Trend Report
Account Billing Trend Report
- Report List
- Drill-down: Service Billing Overview
- Drill-down: Account Billing Detail
- Report drop-down
Default Chart Type Bar:
- X axis: Reporting Period
- Y axis: User defined value
- Printer-friendly view
- Download CSV or XML
Report Threshold Value for Batch Mode. Determines the number of result set lines above which a report must process in batch mode instead of as an online download. You can set values for each type of download file:
- CSV. The maximum number of output lines.
- XML. A percentage of the CSV threshold value (Default is 20%).
For example, if the CSV report threshold is set to 3,000 result set lines, then an XML threshold value set at 20% must process in batch mode when it has 600 or more result set lines.
Main Path for Account Billing Trend
The following path describes the Account Billing Trend use case:
1 The user selects the report from the List of Billing Reports.
- Oracle Self-Service E-Billing determines query parameters based on report context or defaults.
- Oracle Self-Service E-Billing returns:
- Bar Chart
- Summary tabular report
Alternate Paths for Account Billing Trend
Alternate paths can occur in this use case.
The user modifies the query parameters
1 The user chooses one of the following periods:
- Single period
- From one period to another period for data aggregation
- The user changes any of the query parameters on the Report tab or his or her hierarchy context position and selects Display to execute report.
- Oracle Self-Service E-Billing regenerates the report for the scope of selected reporting period and hierarchy context position.
The user selects a peer node name from a list
Oracle Self-Service E-Billing displays the report for the selected node.
Drill-down To Service Billing Overview
The user clicks a value in the tabular report to run the report for the reporting period on which the user clicked.
The user selects the Printer-Friendly action
Oracle Self-Service E-Billing invokes the Printer-Friendly use case.
The user selects the Download action (CSV or XML)
Oracle Self-Service E-Billing downloads a report in the selected format.
Exceptions for Account Billing Trend
The following exceptions can occur with this use case.
The user encounters a server system error
Oracle Self-Service E-Billing invokes the error message use case.
Maximum Period Ranges: If the date range spans more than 20 reporting periods, the chart display is suppressed.