Oracle® Business Intelligence Infrastructure Upgrade Guide > After Upgrading to the New Oracle BI Infrastructure >
Reapplying Customized Style Sheets
NOTE: The look and feel in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition has changed. Existing custom style sheets might require substantial changes. See the Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services Administration Guide for more information.
Because of the changes to skins and styles in Oracle BI Infrastructure, review your deployment's customizations manually, reapply them, and test them thoroughly to ensure that there are no problems.
The default skins and styles that ship with the Oracle BI Infrastructure are located in the Oracle BI Presentation Services application resources directory (\web\app\res directory in the installation directory) in the sk_* and s_* folders. The name of the new style and skin is Oracle10. An updated style that resembles the old Siebel one is included with the default styles and skins.
After you have tested them, but before you copy the default views.css files back to the implementation server, perform the following task on the server to clear the server caches.
To clear the server caches and restore the default views
- Shut down Oracle Business Intelligence Server, Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services, and Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Remove the custom views.css from the directory where it has been installed. For example:
- Clear the Siebel Analytics Web Server Cache:
Delete the nQs_*.temp files in the C:\WINNT\Temp directory.
- Clear the Browser Cache:
From the Internet Explorer menu, navigate to Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Files, and delete all the files in this folder.
- Restore the default views.css files to the appropriate folder.
- Restart the Oracle Business Intelligence Server, Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services, and IIS.