Oracle Business Intelligence Infrastructure Installation and Configuration Guide > Installing Oracle BI EE Infrastructure >
Running the Oracle BI Installer Under Windows and Linux
This task is part of the Process of Installing the Complete Oracle BI Infrastructure.
To run the Oracle BI installer under Windows or Linux OS
- Run the startup program for your operating system.
- To run the Oracle BI Installer under Windows:
- Access the installation files.
- To run the installer in graphics mode, run the program setup.exe.
- To run the Oracle BI Installer under Linux:
- Make sure that you have set the DISPLAY environment variable.
- Change directory to the installation directory.
- To run the installer in graphics mode, use the following command:
- The InstallShield window appears and prompts you through each screen.
NOTE: The particular screens or prompts that are visible are dependent on the installation type and the components you choose in the Setup Type screen.
The meanings and default for each screen and prompt for complete Oracle BI EE Infrastructure installation in graphics mode are listed in Table 8 and in Table 9.
The instructions for a console mode installation are in the topic Prompts for a Complete Oracle BI Installation (Linux) in Console Mode and Prompts for a Complete Oracle BI Installation (Windows) in Console Mode.
- Perform the following substeps:
- Provide the requested input for each screen.
- To continue to the next screen, click Next. To return to a previous screen, click Back.
- To exit from the installer, click Cancel.
- To view the help page for each screen, click Help.
- Proceed to Initializing the Oracle Business Intelligence Installation.