Oracle Business Intelligence Infrastructure Installation and Configuration Guide > Configuring Oracle BI Presentation Services >
Editing the web.xml File
This task is part of Configuring Oracle BI Presentation Services.
If you are configuring a third-party Web integration (or HTTP) server to work with Oracle BI Presentation Services, perform this task first, because the edited web.xml file is included in the generated analytics.war file.
You need to edit the web.xml file to reconfigure the Oracle BI Presentation Services location and listening port if one of the following conditions is true for your deployment:
- The HTTP server and the Oracle BI Presentation Services are running on different machines
- The Web server is configured to use a different TCP/IP port from the default (9710)
CAUTION: Make sure that XML syntax is strictly followed when editing this file. Any XML syntax errors may result in your virtual server failing to start.
In the web.xml file, the XML elements that configure the Java servlet are shown in the following excerpt:
NOTE: Back up the web.xml file before changing it.
To edit the web.xml file
- In the OracleBI_HOME/web/app/WEB-INF directory, locate the web.xml file.
- Using an XML editor, open the web.xml file.
- Change the values of the following <param-name> parameters to reflect the correct settings:
- Save and close the web.xml file.