Oracle® Business Intelligence Scheduler Guide > General Information About Oracle BI Scheduler >
About Oracle BI Scheduler Schemas
The database schemas associated with Oracle BI Scheduler are located in the directory $INSTALLDIR\server\Schema\. This directory holds several SQL scripts that can be used by major commercial databases to create the tables in Oracle BI Scheduler's schema.
The schemas include four tables:
- S_NQ_JOB, used to store information about scheduled jobs.
- S_NQ_INSTANCE, used to store information about job instances.
- S_NQ_JOB_PARAM, used to store information about job parameters.
- S_NQ_ERR_MSG, used to store information about job instances that do not complete successfully.
The following are characteristics of Oracle BI Scheduler schema tables:
- The contents of the schema tables are implementation-specific. For information about creating these tables, see the Oracle Business Intelligence Infrastructure Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Schemas store path and file names to job scripts, providing easy updates to several jobs if they share a script.
- Oracle BI Scheduler tables are included in transactional (OLTP) databases of Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management applications. If you have version 7.7 or later of a Siebel CRM operational application installed, you do not need to install Oracle BI Scheduler tables.