Oracle® Business Intelligence Answers, Delivers, and Interactive Dashboards User Guide > Managing Content in the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog >
Editing Names and Descriptions of Objects in the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog
Users with the appropriate permissions can use the Manage Catalog feature to edit the names and descriptions of objects in the Oracle BI Presentation Catalog. If you rename an object, you can maintain references to the previous name to prevent possible broken links. This creates a shortcut to the renamed object using the previous name.
To edit the name and description of an object in the Presentation Catalog
- In Oracle BI Answers, click the Manage Catalog button on the Catalog tab in the selection pane.
NOTE: The Manage Catalog button is available to the Administrator user ID and to users with appropriate permissions.
The Manage Catalog page appears.
- Locate the object that you want to edit and click the following button:
Edit Name and Description
- Type a new name for the object in the Name text box.
- To maintain references to the object that use the previous name, click the following option:
Preserve reference to old name of this item
This creates a shortcut with the old name, pointing to the renamed object.
- Type an optional description in the Description text box.
- Click Rename.