Oracle® Business Intelligence Presentation Services Administration Guide > Managing Presentation Catalogs Using Oracle BI Catalog Manager >
About the Catalog Manager Workspace
The Catalog Manager workspace allows you to view and work with Presentation Catalog items. It displays the following folders for an open Presentation Catalog:
- The shared folder— Contains content that is shared among Catalog users. This includes the preconfigured dashboards and requests that are distributed with prebuilt applications, and other items such as shared filters.
- The system folder — Contains administrative elements of Oracle BI Presentation Services. Some of these elements are distributed with the product, and others are set up by you as the Oracle BI Presentation Services Administrator, such as privileges.
- The users folder — Contains content that Catalog users with the appropriate permissions have saved to their personal folders, such as individual requests.
What the Catalog Manager Looks Like
Catalog Manager consists of the following main components:
- Menu bar — Lets you access the following menus:
- File — Provides options that let you open and close Presentation Catalogs, exit Catalog Manager, and so on.
- Edit — Provides options that let you mange Presentation Catalog items, such as Cut, Copy, Permissions, and so on. (Many of these options are also available on the right-mouse pop-up menu.)
- View — Provides options to manage the view of the Catalog Manager workspace, such as Show Tree, Show Job Status, and so on.
- Tools — Provides options that let you manage Presentation Catalogs, such as Search and Replace, Upgrade Catalog, and so on.
- Help — Provides options to access the Oracle Web site and to the information about Catalog Manager.
- Toolbar — Provides quick access to commonly used options, such as Cut, Copy, Paste, and so on.
- Tree pane — Displays Presentation Catalog folders. The pane also displays objects but only if the Show Objects in Tree option on the View menu is selected.
- Table pane — Displays Presentation Catalog folders and objects. It consists of:
- Right-mouse pop-up menu — Provides options that let you manage Presentation Catalog items, such as Rename, Properties, Permissions, and so on. (Many of these options are also available on the Edit menu.)