Oracle® Business Intelligence Server Administration Guide > Creating and Administering the Business Model and Mapping Layer in an Oracle BI Repository >
Creating Business Model Objects
The Business Model and Mapping layer of the Administration Tool can contain one or more business model objects. A business model object contains the business model definitions and the mappings from logical to physical tables for the business model.
NOTE: When you work in a repository in offline mode, remember to save your repository from time to time. You can save a repository in offline mode even though the business models may be inconsistent.
To create a business model
- Right-click in the Business Model and Mapping layer below the existing objects.
- Select the option New Business Model from the shortcut menu.
- Specify a name for the business model.
- If you wish to make the corresponding presentation layer available for queries, select the option Available for queries.
NOTE: The business model should be consistent before you make select this option.
- (Optional) Type a description of the business model, and then click OK.