Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics > Process of Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics for Oracle 11i >
Configuring the Make-Buy Indicator
This task is a step in the Process of Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics for Oracle 11i.
The Make-Buy indicator specifies whether a material that was used to manufacture a product was made in-house or bought from an outside vendor. By default, the indicator is set using the
INP_PLANNING_MAKE_BUY_CODE. If the code is set to 1, then the indicator is set to M (for make). However, if the code is set to 2, then the indicator is set to B (for buy). Otherwise, the indicator is set to null.
Your organization may require different indicator codes. If so, you can modify the indicator logic by reconfiguring the condition in the mapplet
MPLT_SAO_PRODUCTS. For example, you may want your indicator code to be 0 for make, and 1 for buy.
To configure the Make-Buy Indicator
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the Configuration for Oracle Applications v11i folder.
- Open the MPLT_SAI_PRODUCTS mapplet.
- Double-click the Expression transformation to open the Edit Transformations dialog box, and click the Port tab to display the EXT_MAKE_BUY_IND port.
- Edit the condition by replacing the prepackaged condition with your desired logic.
- Click Apply.
- Validate the mapplet, and save your changes to the repository.