Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics > Process of Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics for Oracle 11i >
Configuring the Region Name
This task is a step in the Process of Configuring Siebel Supply Chain Analytics for Oracle 11i.
For Oracle 11i, you can reconfigure the region, state, and country names. This configuration information applies only to plant, storage, and supplier locations. By default, the Region Name column (
EXT_REGION_NAME) is populated using the same code value as the Region Code column (
EXT_REGION_CODE). However, you can redefine the load mapping's Source Adapter mapplet to load a source-supplied region name instead of the code. If you want to reconfigure the load in this manner, you can load the region code and region name into the
IA_CODES table. For information on loading codes and code names into the
IA_CODES table, see Codes Lookup.
When you have loaded the region code and region name into the
IA_CODES table, you can remove the expression in the Source Adapter that defines the Region Name column. By making the Region Name's expression blank, the ADI looks up the Region Name in the IA_CODES table, using the supplied region code when the load occurs. The load mapping then inserts the region name and region code into the data warehouse table.
To configure the Region Name
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the Configuration for Oracle Applications v11i folder.
- Open the mapplet you want to edit.
The following is a list of all Source Adapter mapplets that use the EXT_REGION_NAME column:
- Double-click the Expression transformation to open the Edit Transformations dialog box, and click the Port tab to display the
- Edit the condition by removing the assigned value if you want the lookup to occur.
- Click Apply.
- Validate the mapplet, and save your changes to the repository.