Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Integrating Additional Data > Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters >
Creating a New Business Component
This task is a step in the Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters.
Business components reside in the configuration folder for each source and exist as mapplets. You can add new Business Component mapplets for a source.
To create a new Business Component
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the applicable source configuration folder.
- Select Mapplets > Create.
- At the Mapplets Name prompt, enter a name for your new Business Component mapplet.
Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse naming conventions are described in the Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Data Model Reference.
- Expand the Sources folder.
Drag and drop the source table into Mapplet Designer.
- Add Source Qualifiers as appropriate.
Depending on your PowerCenter settings, the Source Qualifier may be created automatically when you drag in the Source table.
- Select Transformations > Create.
- At the Create Transformation prompt, select Mapplet Output from the drop down list window.
- Name the transformation using the MAPO_* naming convention.
Select Create, and then click Done.
- Drag and drop ports from the Source Qualifier to the Output transformation.
Do not forget to link new data to the appropriate extension column. For information on the type of extension column to use, see Types of Extension Columns.
- Edit the SQL statement in the Source Qualifiers.
- Generate the SQL statement and save your changes to the repository.