Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Integrating Additional Data > Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters >
Modifying a Business Component
This task is a step in the Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters.
When modifying a Business Component mapplet, you need to identify what areas of the mapplet you wish to modify. The following procedure contains instructions for adding a new source definition, connecting the ports to the Source Qualifier, editing the Source Qualifier, connecting the ports to the Output transformation, and editing the Output transformation. First, define what areas of the Business Component mapplet you wish to modify, and then follow the procedure only for those specific areas.
To modify an existing Business Component mapplet
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the applicable source configuration folder.
- Select Tools > Mapplet Designer.
- Open the applicable Business Component mapplet.
- Expand the Sources folder, and copy a source table into your new mapplet by dragging and dropping the table into Mapplet Designer.
- Drag and drop required columns from the new source definition to the Source Qualifier.
- Double-click the Source Qualifier to open the Edit Transformations box, and then:
- Click the Ports tab, and make any changes to the new ports as necessary.
- Click the Properties tab to make changes to the SQL statement as necessary.
- Click OK.
- Drag and drop ports from the Source Qualifier to the Output transformation.
- Save your changes to the repository.