Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Integrating Additional Data > Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters >
Creating a New Source Adapter
This task is a step in the Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters.
Source Adapter mapplets are source-specific objects. Therefore, when creating them, you must make sure you put them in their applicable folder.
To create a new Source Adapter
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the configuration folder where the Source Adapter mapplet is stored.
For example, if the Source Adapter mapplet is for Oracle 11i, then open the Configuration for Oracle Applications v11i folder.
- Select the generic mapplet of your choice from the navigator panel and select Edit > Copy.
- Expand the configuration folder for the source for which you wish to create a new Source Adapter.
- Highlight the mapplets node and select Edit > Paste.
At the prompt, Copy the mapplet...?, click Yes.
- Rename the Source Adapter mapplet to a name different than the one being copied.
- Open your new mapplet, select Mapplets > Edit, and rename it to reflect its new function using the Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse naming conventions.
- Save your changes to the repository.