Siebel Customer-Centric Enterprise Warehouse Installation and Configuration Guide > Integrating Additional Data > Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters >
Modifying Source Adapter Expression Transformations
This task is a step in the Process of Creating and Modifying Business Adapters.
When you edit a Source Adapter mapplet, you add the desired input port (named INP_*) to the input (MAPI) side of the mapplet, as shown in Figure 51. You then copy the new input port from the MAPI to the Expression transformation and then link the two ports. In the Expression, link the port to the closest existing extension (EXT_*) port. Step-by-step procedures follow.
Figure 51. Input, Expression, and Output Ports of a Source Adapter Mapplet
To edit a Source Adapter Expression transformation
- In PowerCenter Designer, open the applicable source configuration folder.
- Select Tools > Mapplet Designer, and open the applicable Source Adapter mapplet.
- Add a new input port to the MAPI side of the mapplet, following the INP_* naming convention.
- Copy this new input port and add it to the Expression portion of the mapplet.
- Link the new port from the MAPI to its new counterpart in the Expression.
- In the Expression, clear Output indicator for the new port.
You are mapping this port to an existing extension (EXT_*) port in Step 7.
- From the available existing extension ports (EXT_*), select the closest appropriate port and double-click to open the Edit Transformations box.
- On the Ports tab, find the chosen extension port, and select its Expression to open the Expression Editor.
- In the Expression Editor, select your new input (INP_*) port.
The extension column now contains the value of the new port you added.
- Validate the new expression.
- Edit any required ports in the Source Adapter.
These ports vary depending on the dimension table.
- If necessary, map the extension port you have configured to the corresponding EXT_* port in the Output transformation (MAPO).
In Figure 51, the ports in the Output transformation of the mapplet match the input ports of the ADI mapplet exactly. This exact match makes sure that whatever comes out of the Output transformation directly feeds into the ADI.
- Save your changes to the repository.