Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > Customizing the Siebel Data Warehouse >
Fact Templates for Siebel Data Warehouse Customizations
This template shows how to attach an existing dimension (account dimension) to a fact (asset fact).
Using this SDE mapping, the staging extension table for the Asset fact is populated with incremental data. The different transformations are the following:
- SQ_S_ASSET. Selects the OWNER_ACCNT_ID that will ultimately be used to join with the account dimension in the fact. Note the extra where clause joining to the incremental image table.
- EXPTRANS. Gets DATASOURCE_NUM_ID using lookup LKP_DATA_SOURCE_NUM_ID from table W_PARAM_G. This table is populated in the beginning of the session by the DAC server.
Finally, the FK_01_ID field of the extension stage table W_ASSET_FSX is populated. All the system columns are also populated.
This SIL map is used to populate the final extension table for the Asset fact. The different transformations are the following:
- SQ_W_ASSET_FSX. Note the SQL in the override. This joins with the dimension table W_ACCOUNT_D to get the ROW_WID of the dimension row to be populated in the foreign key id column of the extension table.
- LKP_W_ASSET_F. Retrieves the ROW_WID of the parent fact table W_ASSET_F.
- LKP_W_ASSET_FX. Gets the Insert/Update flag that is used by the update strategy to find out whether to insert or update this row.
- EXPTRANS. Gets ETL_PROC_WID using the lookup LKP_ETL_PROC_WID from table W_PARAM_G. This table gets populated in the beginning of Refresh Siebel DW. Also generates Insert/Update flag based on the previous transform LKP_W_ASSET_FSX.
- UPDTRAN. Updates or inserts a row based on the flag.