Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > Customizing the Siebel Data Warehouse > Customization Steps for Siebel Data >
Adding a Column from a Main Source Table in the Siebel Transactional Database
- Adding race in W_PERSON_D because it is not in the supplied model. The value of race is sourced from S_CONTACT, which is already the main source table for W_PERSON_D.
- Adding measure XYZ in W_ORDERITEM_F because it is not in the supplied model. The value of XYZ comes from S_ORDERITEM, which is the main source table for W_ORDERITEM_F.
To add a column from a main source table in the Siebel transactional database
- Choose one of the following options:
- Use predefined columns in an existing extension table.
- Create a new extension table with appropriate columns.
- Create a new map (SDE and SIL) to load the extension table column, based on the provided templates (CustomTemplateSDE_PersonDimension).
- Create new individual workflows for the new mappings in the Custom folder.
- For extract mappings (SDE), use views as the main source of information.
- Create new tasks in the DAC repository, one for SDE and the other for SIL.
- Make the SDE task depend on any auxiliary workflows, so that it waits for all the auxiliary processing for the base table to complete.
- For the CustomSIL mapping make SDE mapping and the SIL_PersonDimension as the Depends On tasks. This is because you cannot execute CustomSIL workflow until the CustomExtract is completed. Also, because the primary key lookup has to be performed, this task needs to wait on SIL_PersonDimension.