Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > Customizing the Siebel Data Warehouse > Siebel Data Warehouse Customization Steps for Non-Siebel Data >
Building a Custom Dimension Table from External Sources in Siebel Data Warehouse
- New DDLs: New staging and new dimension tables.
- New Mappings: Dimension SDE and SIL mappings.
- Case: Loading data for custom dimension tables.
- Reference: SDE and SIL_WaveDimension in Siebel_DW_Folder.
To build a custom dimension table from external sources
- Follow the steps in Adding a New Dimension Table for a New Fact Table in the Siebel Data Warehouse. Use a different DATASRC_NUM_ID while populating the staging table.
- Populate the custom table with incremental data. This is an important performance consideration that requires a process on the source side that detects new or modified records.
- Make sure the SIL process takes care of the update strategy when loading data incrementally. Look for examples of how it is done by inspecting any of the SIL mappings in the standard repository like SIL_WaveDimension.
- In the DAC, make the SIL process depend on SDE process for this custom table.
- Register the table.
- Add it to appropriate table groups.