Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > Siebel Data Warehouse for Life Sciences Data Considerations >
What's New for Siebel Pharma Analytics in Version 7.8.3
This section describes the new features for Oracle's Siebel Pharma Analytics Version 7.8.3.
- New ETL for direct load of syndicated data.
Syndicated data can now be directly loaded into the Siebel Data Warehouse. A new set of prebuilt processes against common external syndicated data types allows direct load of syndicated data, such as physician plan level Rx data, physician level Rx data, indirect sales data, and weekly Rx data.
- New syndicated data staging architecture.
- Syndicated data is now loaded against a staging architecture. The staging table architecture uses a denormalized time dimension that improves data loading by a factor of how many periods are loaded.
- A new set of cross-reference files for external key matching are supplied to resolve cross referencing and loading external syndicated data where the accounts, products, territories and contacts IDs are different from the Siebel IDs.
- New single grain syndicated data for the Siebel Data Warehouse schema.
- New single grain star schemas for power users and operational users.
- Twelve new base star schemas for power user reporting.
- Sixteen new operational star schemas for operational reporting.
- New syndicated data MAT (Moving Annual Total) metrics calculated on ETL.
The calculation of rolling period calculations take advantage of the new staging architecture and populate common pharmaceutical time aggregate metrics on the Siebel Data Warehouse. The result is greatly improved reporting performance when using rolling 12-month metrics.
- New ETL for syndicated data market aggregation.
New process to load the market fact tables based on aggregations on the product-market hierarchy. This minimizes the requirement to purchase preaggregated data by market.
- New set of prebuilt aggregation tables for high performance reporting.
- New aggregation tables for each level of sales geography for each data type.
- Twenty-four new sales level aggregation tables for product-based syndicated data facts.
- Twenty-four new sales level aggregation tables for market-based syndicated data facts.
- Six new call activity aggregation tables for improved reporting performance for reports requiring top-level sales level activities.
- The syndicated data aggregation tables de-duplicate data when the same contact is assigned to multiple territories at all levels by market, product, position level, and period for all data types.
- New de-duplication tables to de-duplicate data when the same contact is assigned to multiple territories for the district level for Physician Plan Level Rx data only.
- Improved reporting performance resulting from the new aggregation strategy.
- New mini dimensions.
- Account and contact rank mini dimensions.
- Representative specialty LOV dimensions.
- W_POSTN_CON used only for contact primary address.
- New single grain call activity fact tables. In previous releases, all call activity facts resided on the same table. For Siebel Business Analytics Applications Version 7.8.3, call activities reside in three fact tables, account calls, account-attendee calls, and contact calls.
- New denormalization to improve query performance.
- Employee name in sales force hierarchy dimension and alignment dimension.
- Parent account name in Account dimension.