Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > DAC Quick Start > DAC Common Tasks >
Running Two DAC Servers on the Same Machine
You can run two DAC servers on the same machine as long as they are listening on different ports and pointing to two different repositories.
To run two DAC servers on the same machine
- Install two instances of the DAC server in two different directories.
For installation instructions, see Installing and Configuring Analytics Applications on Windows.
- For each instance, edit the config.bat file to set the DAC_HOME variable appropriately.
For instructions, see Configuring the DAC Config.bat File.
- Launch each of the DAC clients by navigating to the DAC directories and double-clicking the startclient.bat file.
- For each instance, configure the DAC repository connection.
- Navigate to Tools > DAC Server Management > DAC Server Setup.
An informational dialog box states this operation should be performed on the machine running the DAC server. It asks whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes.
- In the Repository Connection Information tab, enter the appropriate information for each instance. The Database Host should be the same for each instance, and the Database Port should be different.
- For each instance, set up the DAC server system properties.
- Navigate to Setup > DAC System Properties.
- Set the DAC Server Host, OS, and Port properties.
- Start each DAC server from its directory.