Siebel Business Analytics Applications Installation and Administration Guide > Installing and Configuring Analytics Applications on Windows > Updating Siebel Transactional Database Schema Definitions >
Importing the SIF File into the Siebel Transactional Database
Follow this procedure to import new schema definitions into the Siebel transactional database.
To import new schema definitions into the Siebel transactional database
- Copy the file named SRW_OLTP_78.sif from SiebelAnalytics\dwrep to \tools\objects.
- Open Siebel Tools and point to the development database.
- Lock the projects named Table ETL and Table Nquire.
- In the menu, click Tools > Import from Archive.
- Navigate to the directory containing the SIF files and open SRW_OLTP_78.sif.
The Import Wizard—Preview screen appears.
- Click Next.
- Select the option Merge the object definition from the archive file with the definition in the repository, and click Next.
The Import Wizard reviews all the object conflicts between what is in the repository and what is in the SIF file.
- When the Import Wizard process is done, expand the tree under Conflicting Objects to verify the changes being applied from the SIF file to the repository. When you are done, click Next.
- A warning appears:
The operation is going to modify your repository ...
- When the process is finished, click Finish.
After you import the new schema into Siebel Tools, you need to apply the schema to the physical database.
To apply schema definitions to the Siebel transactional database
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, click on the Table tab and query for S_ETL_*.
A list of tables appears.
- Select all the tables in the list and click Apply.
The Apply Schema wizard appears.
- In the Tables drop-down menu, select Current Query. Enter the appropriate connection parameters, and click Apply.