Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide > Installing Siebel Analytics Ancillary Client Programs > Roadmaps for Installing and Configuring the Advanced Reporting Edition >
Configuration Steps for Advanced Reporting Edition
This topic is one of the Roadmaps for Installing and Configuring the Advanced Reporting Edition.
After the installation wizard is finished installing the Siebel Analytics Advanced Reporting extensions, the installer automatically configures iServer. Administrators must perform additional configuration steps manually. The specific steps followed depend on the operating system under which Advanced Reporting is deployed. The following topics show the platform-specific configuration steps:
The following list shows the specific tasks required to configure Advanced Reporting Edition.
Tasks for configuring Advanced Reporting Edition
- Modify the instanceconfig.xml files to establish the connectivity between Siebel Analytics and Actuate products. See the task Modifying the Instanceconfig.xml File for Advanced Reporting.
- Specify permissions for the advanced reports in Siebel Analytics Web Administration. See the topic Specifying Permissions for Advanced Reporting.
- Make sure that the Siebel Analytics Open Intelligence Interface (ODBC) client is installed on every machine on which the following Actuate components are installed:
- Make sure that the Analytics.rol library file is copied to every machine on which Siebel Advanced Reporting Workbench is installed. The Analytics.rol file is located in the iServer installation /etc directory.
This library file contains connectivity information for the Siebel Analytics Server and parameters that are required for reports to work in Siebel Analytics Web.
NOTE: Do not modify this library file. Always include this file in every report design based on Siebel Analytics Server metadata.
- Map users in the Actuate Encyclopedia to users in the Siebel Analytics Server by creating a new initialization block and assigning it new session variable, NQ_SESSION.ACTUATEUSERID.
For information about creating initialization blocks and session variables, see Siebel Analytics Server Administration Guide.
- After assigning user privileges to Actuate content, set the appropriate access privileges defined in the Siebel Analytics Web server.
The Siebel Analytics Web default settings for viewing and scheduling privileges are configured so that everyone can view and schedule the reports for the Advanced Reporting Edition.
- Add an Advanced Report Object to a dashboard using the Dashboard Editor in Siebel Intelligence Dashboards.
The dashboard builder can specify whether reports will be embedded in the dashboard page or will be presented as a link in the dashboard page. If the report is available as a link, the report will appear in a new browser window when a user clicks the link.
NOTE: Only one Advanced Report object can be added to a given dashboard page.
For information about adding an Advanced Report to an Intelligence Dashboard, or interacting with Advanced Reports, read the section about working with the Advanced Reporting objects in the Siebel Analytics User Guide.
- Manage the reports using the Actuate Management Console.
Launch the Actuate Management Console from the Siebel Analytics Web Administration page by clicking on the link Manage Advanced Reporting.
For information about accessing the Actuate Administration Console from within Siebel Analytics Web, see Siebel Analytics Web Administration Guide.