Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide > Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Topic Areas >
Important Planning Resources for Installation and Configuration Processes
Analytics License: All licenses.
Operating Systems: All.
Databases: All databases.
Your Siebel implementation team performs a number of actions to install and implement Siebel Business Applications that are described in several Siebel publications on theSiebel Bookshelf. The following list describes Siebel applications documentation. Book specific to Siebel Business Analytics (or Siebel Analytics) are listed in the topic Accessing Related Siebel Analytics Documentation.
- Siebel Deployment Documentation Suite
- Deployment Planning Guide
- Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools
- Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools
- Going Live with Siebel Business Applications for information about how to migrate customizations from the development environment to the production environment
- Siebel System Administration Guide for details on how to administer, maintain, and expand your Siebel Servers
- Performance Tuning Guide
- Configuring Siebel Business Applications for information about configuring Siebel Business Applications in Siebel Tools
- Product Documentation. Product documentation is collectively called the Siebel Bookshelf. The Siebel Bookshelf is available on CD-ROM. It is also available on SupportWeb under Product Documentation. See the topic Accessing Related Siebel Analytics Documentation.
- Siebel SupportWeb. This is the Siebel technical support Web site. It provides search engine access to the Siebel Bookshelf. Technical Notes, Siebel Alerts, troubleshooting information and other important information.
SupportWeb is located at https://ebusiness.siebel.com/supportweb/.
- Release Notes. Release Notes contain late-breaking information that the Siebel Analytics Platform Installation and Configuration Guide does not yet include. Release Notes regarding installation are located on SupportWeb at Product Documentation > Release Notes.
- Maintenance Release Guides. Maintenance Release Guides contain important information about updates to applications in maintenance releases. Maintenance Release Guides are located on SupportWeb at Product Documentation > Maintenance Release Guides.
- Documentation Updates. Typically, the Siebel Bookshelf is updated monthly. During the month, PDF updates are posted to SupportWeb > Product Documentation > Documentation Updates.
- Technical Notes. Technical notes provide important information on specific installation issues. Technical Notes related to installation are located on SupportWeb at Technical Notes > Product Areas > Siebel Analytics.
- Siebel Alerts. Alerts provide time-critical information on key product behaviors and issues. Siebel Alerts about installation issues are located on SupportWeb at Siebel Alerts > Product Areas > Siebel Analytics.
- Troubleshooting Steps. Troubleshooting Steps contain information about how to troubleshoot common error messages and unwanted behavior in Siebel applications. Troubleshooting Steps are for installation list error messages found in installation logs and describe how to resolve them. Troubleshooting Steps are located on SupportWeb at Troubleshooting Steps > Product Areas > Siebel Analytics.
- Siebel Weekly Content Notification Service. This service notifies you weekly by email of important content changes on SupportWeb, including new product documentation, technical notes, alerts, and troubleshooting steps. To subscribe, see the Siebel Weekly Content Notification banner on the SupportWeb search page.
- Technical Account Manager. If you need assistance planning your installation or encounter problems during the installation, your Technical Account Manager can advise you on how best to use available Siebel resources.
- Siebel Expert Services. Siebel Expert Services offers detailed implementation planning and technical consulting services. They also provide rapid response and resolution for critical technical issues affecting Siebel deployments.